Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Without Coffee I get a little....

This was my perspective word piece! It was a more comical piece that I think a few people who get cranky without their morning coffee can relate with, ha!To start this piece, I first did the lettering in an app on the Ipad, then printed it onto photo paper. I then cut each word carefully out with the with an x-acto knife before pasting it onto mat board. I then used 1 point perspective for the wording, inked it and colored the inside space with brown colored pencil (to look like coffee grounds). After that I sketched out the concept of the scene I had in mind. I ended up only drawing the werewolf himself as I didn't want to spend too much time on the concept! I then replicated the drawing onto the mat board, and had drawn in the Batista bar and the other people in line. After inking it with marker, I added some light coloring with colored pencil.
Here are the words themselves:
Werewolf Concept Sketch: 

Here is the completed piece

 
Without Coffee, I get a little Beastly, this is a multimedia piece done in Digital and Traditional media.

There is a sense of space and proportion within this piece, due to the coffee bar having a sense of perspective (it getting large the closer it gets). Even though the bottom picture has more variety, I think the perspective wording is definitely the focal point, as is more largely proportioned to the rest of the piece. I also think the more realistic photo within the words also makes it stands out more. It's also asymmetrical. It kind of has a weird balance since the bottom drawing appears "heavier" than the above perspective?
Even still I really like how this came out, even if its a more comical, less serious piece. It makes me think of  a silly poster.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment