Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Colorful Colony (WIP)

This was my color design project! Sadly, I was unable to finish this one. I actually had one almost finished, but red ink for my contemporary piece leaked all over it. But I really liked where it was going, as I worked very hard on the design! This photo came out blurry, but I have a digital version which can be seen more clearly! Its basically a very stylized bat design, that I put together to make a larger bat. I basically had drawn the original bat design on paper, before bringing it into Photoshop to refine the lines and flip it so they were exactly the same on each side. After that, I aligned them to make the form of a larger bat. I then totally cheated a little by printing it out on water color paper. I had initially painted it where the primary colors were in the center piece, then put the rest of the complimentary, secondary and intermediate colors throughout the wings of the larger bat.
Here is where I began to do the complimentary, monochromatic, analogous and triadic!

I had planned to set them on the mat board similarly to the pattern within the larger bat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment